Mexico is a country situated in North American continent. Its capital is Mexico City and it is the largest city in Mexico. It is a popular country for tourists and is among the world’s largest countries. Its total area is 1.973 sq. km. Mexico is known for its well-established beverage industry. It is also famous for its fruits like avocado, pumpkins, etc. The national language of Mexico is Spanish as the majority of Mexicans speak Spanish. Other than Spanish, Mexicans also speak regional/ local languages like Nahuatl, English, Otomi, Mixtec, Mayan languages, etc. Chichen Itza situated in Mexico is amongst the Wonders of the World. Mexico also has roots of Mayan civilization which makes it a popular choice for the historic based city.
Top 5 Places to Visit in Mexico
As Mexico is amongst the largest countries in the world, it is difficult to choose which place to visit there. If you are also in the same confusion, this post will help you in decision making. Here are the Top 5 most exciting places to visit in Mexico.
- Cozumel – Cozumel is a Mexican island. It is famous for its beaches and scuba diving. Those tourists who are passionate and looking for adventure in their vacation must definitely visit this place. It has an amazing aquatic life and mesmerizing views. It can an ideal location for tourist. Top things to do in Cozumel are visiting San Gervasio, Punta Sur, Playa Mia Grand Beach Park, Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park, etc. But there are some things you need to know before traveling to Cozumel.
- Tulum – Tulum is another popular tourist destination. It is famous for its sea views and Caribbean coastline. It also has remains of Mayan Civilization which makes it an ideal place for people who are interested in historic or ancient remains. As it is situated near the sea, it experiences a lot of rain. Due to this reason, the ideal time to visit or plan a vacation to Tulum is in the month of October, November or December. Things or the places you can visit in Tulum are Gran Cenote, Cenote Calavera, Paradise Beach, Tulum Art Club, Parque Nacional de Tulum, etc.
- Chichén Itzá – Chichen Itza is amongst the wonder of the world, due to this, it’s a tourist attraction and a famous archaeological site. In Chichen Itza, there are remains of Mayan’s Architecture. The Kukulkan Mayan Pyramid and other Mayan temples are located in this city. It is located in Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. It is believed to build around AD 600. Tourists are no longer allowed to climb the Pyramid build by the Mayan. In Chichen Itza, there are a total of 365 steps and is 30 meters tall. The 365 steps represent a year (total number of days).
- Mexico City – Mexico City is the capital city of Mexico. It is also the largest city and is a densely populated metropolitan area. Apart from the name Mexico City, it is also called Distrito Federal (Federal District). The places to visit in the Mexico City are Zocalo, Historic Center, Museo Nacional de, Frida Kahlo Museum, Palacio de Bellas Artes, etc.
- Playa del Carmen – Playa del Carmen is a coastal town, situated alongside Yucatan Peninsula. It is famous for its coral reefs and beaches. April and May are the best months to visit in Playa del Carmen. Tourists can enjoy the extremely captivating views of the sea and can enjoy continental food here. The best thing to do in Playa del Carmen is to visit Fifth Avenue, Los Fundadores Park, Rio Secreto, Xaman – Ha Aviary, Point Esmeralda, etc.
These are some of the places you must visit while you are in Mexico. As the country is famous for its archaeological sites, foods, historic monuments, bio-diversity, etc. Some places in Mexico don’t even require Visa, you just need a passport to visit there. Therefore, you must give it a shot.
Author Bio – I am Elizaabeth and I love traveling. Along with traveling I also love Content Writing. I love to write blogs and article about traveling. I also provide write my essay for me to students.